Designed for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school. They may have responsibilities for the development of all teachers across a school or specifically trainees or teachers who are early in their career.
What will you learn?
- Teaching – you will learn how to develop teachers at all levels in your school, building strong systems that underpin their professional development.
- Designing professional development – you will strengthen your ability to design effective CPD that makes a genuine difference to pupil outcomes.
- Delivering effective professional development – you will deepen your knowledge of the best ways to develop models of professional development and dialogue that inspires teachers to become the experts that their pupils need.
- Implementation – you will learn how to implement change successfully within your context by understanding the stages of implementation and applying them with the support of your facilitators and colleagues.
What are the benefits for you?
Our participants have outlined many benefits to studying for an NPQLTD. Overall, they outline how the programme has given them professional confidence, time and space to reflect on themselves and the kind of leader they want to become and increased knowledge in their chosen area of study.
You will be able to:
- Develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to implement new professional development initiatives successfully through a supported implementation project.
- Understand the key principles of how to design and deliver effective professional development programmes.
- Appreciate the value of sharing ideas, best practice and have thoughts and current practice challenged in a professionally safe space.
- Learn how to think and plan in a structured way and apply that learning in your own school context.
- Reflect on the importance of how important effective professional development is to student attainment.
- Access research and materials and have many opportunities to discuss a variety of professional development approaches and models with other teachers.
What are the benefits for your school?
We know that our children and young people need teachers who are committed to their education and are confident learners themselves. Our programmes have been developed with teachers and leaders to:
- Create professionally confident teachers and leaders.
- Grow the next generation of leaders with the skills and knowledge to use the evidence-base for the benefit of their children and young people.
- Retain the best teachers who are excellent, collaborative role models for their schools and communities.
- Inspire leaders who can harness the power of rich learning environments for their children and young people no matter the current circumstances.
Is this programme for me?
Yes, if you are responsible for developing teachers at any stage of their career.
How long will it take?
12 months followed by an 8 day open book summative case study task.
In order to complete NPQLTD, you will be required to:
- Attend all programme sessions.
- Complete an implementation project based on your current work.
- Complete the summative case study style assessment.
To support you in the completion of NPQLTD, our offer includes as standard:
- An engaging curriculum which blends face-to-face, online and self-study and which exemplifies the DfE standard for teachers’ professional development.
- A supportive facilitator and peer network.
- Local cohort groups to reduce travel time.