Designed for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities.
What will you learn?
- School Culture – you will strengthen your school culture through contributing to its strategic direction, managing resources and fulfilling the statutory duties to enable all pupils and teachers to thrive and succeed.
- Teaching – you will learn how to lead teachers at all levels in your school to develop their pedagogical knowledge and classroom skills to enable the best outcomes for all children and young people no matter what their starting point is.
- Curriculum and Assessment – you will learn how to support and improve high quality teaching, learning and assessment by ensuring high level support, planning and policy development for the teachers in your school.
- Behaviour and Support – you will be able to contribute and implement the development of good models of behaviour and learning across the whole school community including liaising with and training key stakeholders to ensure a safe learning environment for all.
- Implementation – you will learn how to implement change successfully within your context by understanding the stages of implementation and applying them with the support of your facilitators and colleagues.
What are the benefits for you?
Our participants have noted many benefits to studying for an NPQSL. Overall, they outline how the programme has given them professional confidence, time and space to reflect on themselves and the kind of leader they want to become and increased knowledge in their chosen area of study.
You will be able to:
- Develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to implement new professional development initiatives successfully through a supported implementation project.
- Understand what level your skill set is at and recognise what this means for your career path.
- Develop your own leadership persona to become more visible to colleagues.
- Increase your understanding of your school’s structures and how they impact on the school’s learning environment.
- Recognise that change must go through stages and sub-stages and that it must be planned effectively at the outset.
- Access research and materials and have many opportunities to discuss a variety of professional development approaches and models with other teachers.
What are the benefits for your school?
We know that our children and young people need teachers who are committed to their education and are confident learners themselves. Our programmes have been developed with teachers and leaders to:
- Create professionally confident teachers and leaders.
- Grow the next generation of leaders with the skills and knowledge to use the evidence-base for the benefit of their children and young people.
- Retain the best teachers who are excellent, collaborative role models for their schools and communities.
- Inspire leaders who are able to harness the power of rich learning environments for their children and young people no matter the current circumstances.
Is this programme for me?
Yes, if you are responsible for leading across a school on whole school improvement or if you aspire to senior leadership.
How long will it take?
18 months followed by an 8 day open book summative case study task.
In order to complete NPQSL, you will be required to:
- Attend all programme sessions.
- Complete an implementation project based on your current work.
- Complete the summative case study style assessment.
To support you in the completion of NPQSL, our offer includes as standard:
- An engaging curriculum which blends face-to-face, online and self-study.
- A supportive facilitator and peer network.
- Local groups with reduced travel time.
Dates, times & locations of training sessions
October 2023 – March 2025 (18 months)
February 2024 – July 2025 (18 months)
Face-to-face sessions will be held at venues in Barnsley, Doncaster, Selby and Wakefield.
Click image to enlarge