We offer a continued professional development programme for newly qualified teachers (NQTs), designed and facilitated by leading teachers.
NQT WELCOME Event
In order to welcome NQTs into the teaching profession, we will be holding our annual welcome event on 11th September 2019.
NQT/RQT CPD Programme
This we are offering the NQT/RQT programme as a Full Core Programme, designed with the aim of supporting NQTs/RQTs for two years in accordance with the Early Years Career Framework. It will:
- Ensure all participants receive a firm foundation in the early stages of their career.
- Provide a range of CPD sessions ensuring NQTs build on their professional development.
- Create a network of like-minded schools and offer opportunities to extend professional development beyond your own school..
We have taken account of the feedback from our recent extremely successful NQT/RQT programmes and will continue to have a hands on practical approach allowing NQTs to take the knowledge gained back in to the classroom. Our sessions have been written in relevance to the Teacher’s Standards and are delivered by experienced and expert teachers and leaders still working in our schools day to day with an awareness of the changing world of education.
Mentor induction programme
If you provide mentoring to one of our NQTs, we also run a mentor induction programme for you, to make sure you understand your role and responsibilities in the induction process. This is a one day programme taking place on Wednesday 18th September 2019 4.00pm – 6.00pm at Tykes Teaching School Alliance.
This will cover:
- government advice, expectations and guidance
- appropriate body requirements
- what the appropriate body requires
- the support NQTs requires
- how to recognise progress and causes for concern
- observation and feedback requirements
- necessary paperwork
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Karen Hartshorne, (Programme Development Manager)
Telephone – 01226 100450 or mobile – 07703 808468