HCAT is currently providing high quality Human Resources CPD throughout 2021/2022. Courses will be held at a cost
of £40.00 per person.
Sessions will be run at: Tykes Teaching Alliance – Unit 4, Great Cliffe Court, Dodworth, Barnsley, S75 3SP.
MANAGING ABSENCE – 22nd September 2021 – 9.30am – 11.30am
• An overview of the Supporting Attendance Policy • Holding Return to Work meetings • Managing Absence Review meetings – what to ask and possible outcomes • Preparing the management case and presenting to the panel at a hearing • What to expect at a dismissal hearing • What happens behind the scenes of a hearing/appeal hearing.
MANAGING THE DISCIPLINARY PROCESS – 13th October 2021 – 9.30am – 11.30am
• Overview of the Disciplinary Policy and Procedure • Assessing the initial facts of the case and the potential allegations • Undertaking management investigations • Advice for interviewing witnesses • Advice for interviewing the potential perpetrator • Holding suspension meetings • What is gross misconduct/misconduct and how do I decide? • Preparing the management case and presenting at a hearing • What to expect at a hearing and the possible outcomes • What happens behind the scenes of a hearing/appeal hearing.
MANAGING CHALLENGING CONVERSATIONS – 25th November 2021 – 9.30am – 11.30am
• Possible scenarios when a challenging conversation might be required • A framework for managing an effective meeting • Assessing the facts and possible resolutions • Confidentiality.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT AND CONTRACTS OF EMPLOYMENT -15th December 2021 – 9.30am – 11.30am
• Background – where do terms and conditions come from and how are they agreed? • How pay awards are managed • What are contractual/non contractual issues? • Contracts of employment – The Law • Ensuring accuracy of contractual terms • Temporary and fixed term contracts – when these are appropriate, getting the wording right and termination arrangements.
MANAGING CHANGE AND RESTRUCTURING – 2OTH JANUARY 2022 – 9.30AM – 11.30AM
• An overview of the Managing Change Policy • Reasons for managing change • Reviewing your staffing structure • Approval process • Recruitment • Redeployment • Redundancy/Retirement.
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION – 15TH FEBRUARY 2022 – 9.30AM – 11.30AM • Recruitment process • Reviewing the job/hours • Advertising • Shortlisting • Interviewing • Pre-employment checks • Issuing the contract of employment • Induction.
SAFER RECRUITMENT – 24TH MARCH 2022 – 9.30AM – 11.30AM
• Overview of safer recruitment processes (not to be replaced by the half day course required in accordance with KCSIE).
GRIEVANCE RESOLUTION – 4TH MAY 2022 – 9.30AM – 11.30AM
• Overview of the policy and procedure • Issues that might result in grievance • Informal resolution • Undertaking an investigation • Interviewing the complainant – details of complaint and what is their preferred resolution • Completing the management report • Presenting at a hearing • Possible outcomes.
To book please click the link below.