The programme will focus on exploring the evidence underpinning the recommendations within the EEF guidance report ‘Supporting SEND pupils in the mainstream classroom’ with a particular focus on the 5 High Quality teaching strategies:
• Explicit instruction
• Flexible grouping
• The use of technology
Teaching Assistants will be supported to develop a repertoire of these strategies that can be used flexibly in response to individual needs.
The programme design will include opportunities to build knowledge, motivate, develop techniques and embed practice, incorporating a range of EEF design mechanisms.
Specific programme modules will support schools to:
• Create a positive and supportive environment for all pupils, without exception
• Build an ongoing, holistic understanding of pupils and their needs
• Ensure all pupils have access to high quality support
• Complement high quality teaching with carefully selected small-group and one-to-one interventions
• Work effectively with teaching
Each programme delivery day will involve a ‘theory into practice’ session using practical examples, and case studies to exemplify the evidence.
All sessions will run face to face at: HCAT, Unit 7, Great Cliffe Court, Dodworth, Barnsley, S75 3SP
COST / PLACES AVAILABLE:
The programme will be funded by The Barnsley Schools’ Alliance Board. There will be no charge to schools for delegates to attend. Cancellation Policy applies.
Programme is limited to 35 delegates.
CLICK THE LINK TO RESERVE A PLACE