Rationale and Vision
Tykes Teaching School will endeavour to continue to help support and lead a sector led system of school improvement with a view to ensure that the children of Barnsley and beyond receive a world class education. We will achieve this by:
- A collaborative approach to a self-sustaining school system based on honesty and trust.
- The creation of a development pathway for teachers from pre-qualification to system leadership which will provide personalised CPD and learning opportunities to ensure a truly outstanding profession.
- To ensure that all young people with whom we work are afforded the best possible opportunities and supported to achieve their full potential.
- A CPD offer for all school-based professionals based on collaborative learning and joint practice development.
- To provide specific opportunities, both individually and collectively, for leadership development within the alliance in order to create a sustainable approach to succession planning.
- To enable all staff to enjoy their chosen careers.
By working together and for each other, the future of education across the region is a bright one.
Tykes Teaching School are offering a one year Fixed Term Contract for a Director of the Teaching School to commence in September 2017. Information can be accessed using the links below – the closing date for applications is 05th May 2017